Re: Re: Obtaining a weapon through Heroquesting, part II

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:32:21 -0800

>But does this answer the original question? i.e., the real HQ might be
unkown, difficult,
>etc. But if someone else does try to re-enact it, can they get the sword?
Or does the
>current owner of the sword get pulled into the quest?

*I think* that once the Truely Unique Item is in the middle world you have to take it from its current holder. In other words, once it "leaves" the God plane in the hands of a Heroquester, it is no longer there - you'll get mythic run-arounds as to why you can't complete the quest - "I'm sorry, Mr. Humakt has stepped out of the God Plane, may I take a message?" You can't go back "before" the other guy stole the sword to steal it before he did, and you won't be dragging him into the quest.

RR
- Richelieu