Re: Re: Obtaining a weapon through Heroquesting, part II

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:49:02 +0200 (EET)

> My take is that if you actually pull off a M9 to M12 level
> experimental quest, you will be able to bring stuff through the
> barrier to the otherworld and it could be new and unique or you could
> have, at that level, ripped it from anyone, including Harrek!

But as far as I understand we aren't really talking about that powerlevel. We are talking about obtaining a 10w3 power Daemon.

You don't really have to face Gods, only Godlings and demigods.

> mundane world (but obviously it was very well hidden and behind
> powerful traps and more powerful guardians, etc...) and now you are
> questing to:
> * learn its powers

Indeed this is still going on. Originally Gerlef just knew it's a darn sharp sword that can be thrown pretty neatly.

> * activate its powers and/or
> * gain a relationship to be able to access its powers.

Some progress has been made. For instance he has found out what he has to sacrifice to the blade "face a black ram and kill it with one clean strike to the heart as it charges you".

> * meet other conditons or
> * some combination of the above

Again, very clear thinking,

I hope it's not just me that's finding this thread very instructive and useful.

        -Adept