Re: Vanilla and other commodities

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:43:31 -0800

Sam

>Last time I tried to bring biological ideas in to Glorantha I was
>told the biology is very different, but that wasn't my point.

I think the point is not that our biology doesn't work, but that it can't explain everything. Trolls can digest rock and if necessary, live on just air. Lots of creatures fly. I'm all for biology having a place in Glorantha, and I'd expect Gloranthan humans to be subject to pretty much the same constraints we are.

>So, in
>this instance, the real world blurring between parasitism and
>mutualism leads into the idea that a way for Aldryami to create
>Chaos (in parallel with Heortling kinstrife etc) is to overstep the
>boundaries by being parasitic, so opening the door to Mallia

My first thought is that this is merely partaking of the Taker, but not Oblivion. Perhaps it is a slippery slope, however. (Have you read HeroQuest Voices on the Aldryami?)

--

David Dunham