Re: Assassins

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:57:07 +1200

At 05:38 PM 3/19/2005 +0200, you wrote:

>PS. Personally I'm not fond of the idea that the empire has half a dozen
>compeating "intelligence organizations". This sounds very modern to me,
>and not in the spirit of Glorantha (or our history either) as I
>understand it.

Intelligence organizations go a long way back. The Mauryas of India had a secret police organization, Hadrian had _frumentarii_ who went around digging up dirt on important romans while the Byzantines had a "Bureau of Barbarians". They are simply an organized version of informers and undercover agents.

--Peter Metcalfe