Re: Re: Assassins

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:34:13 +1200

Trotsky wrote:

>LC>Assassins. A cult of assassins. In the Lunar Empire. Who would
> > these be?

>The cult of Fjordaur.

I have a stylistic issue about this which goes beyond just this cult. I'm not a great fan of endless new names and feel with some of the Lunar Empire material there's too much of this about.

Fjordaur is supposedly a Lunar version of the old cult of Daak (who appears in the Entekosiad). So why not call him Daak then? Nobody gives Orogeria a new name just because she's been recognized as a phase of the Lunar Goddess.

Likewise I can't understand the point of giving Selven Hara more prominence in the rules than Etyries or giving the Rinliddi a merchant deity (considering that their mythical ancestors weren't actually known for mercantile activities).

I would find it easier to handle if Fjordaur was a hero redeemer of Daak, Selven Hara was a hero of Etyries and that Danvodir was a subcult of Lokarnos.

--Peter Metcalfe