Re: Heroquest power-level (was Ravenswing)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:58:19 -0800

> > Orlanth vrs Aroka probably is probably 10w10ish at it's most
> > powerful point.
> > Barntar vrs Daga is more likely 10w7ish
> > Jarankol Solarslayer vrs the Oslir is probably 10w5ish
>
> But (just checking), those are the levels if you did it on the God
> Plane, right? If you did any of those on the Hero Plane, you'd be facing
> opponents at your own level, no matter whether you called them Aroka,
> Daga, or the Oslir?

Yep. I'm sure that Jarankol didn't wake up one morning and say "I'm going to kill a dragon and invent a whole new myth." He woke up and said "I need to kill a dragon. Orlanth vrs Aroka is a suitable myth so I need to bone up on it before starting out..."

Note that I think that the first two (Orlanth & Barntar) are possible in both the God and Hero Planes. But Jarankol isn't, since we are told he performed his quest in the Dawn Age (ie, "Since Time"). So really he shouldn't be on that list up there. It just made a nice list :-).

What Jarankol did was to "force" the Oslir into the role of Aroka/Daga (sort of like what happened to Pharaoh, as noted on the Digest). Poor ol' Oslir probably thought she was doing the "Oslir mates with the Emperor" or something, when *WHACK*, off with her head! Somewhere, a Priest(ess)/Hero(ine) of Oslir was ambushed without knowing why.

RR
- Richelieu