Re: Re: Heroquest power-level (was Ravenswing)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:37:02 -0800

> > It now occurs to me that this is a pretty good description of most
> basic
> > Orlanthi myths! Each clan has their own variation, don't they?
>
> This is digesty, but I say no as a rule. I think all of the
> Orlanthi of Sartar will agree on the important stuff. The smaller,
> locale specific stuff will be different I am thinking. Or not, YGWV
> of course.

Each clan/cult/group probably has its own hidden (and semi-hidden) stations (See HQ 194). *We* know that when you get to this point, you should do that. This is the secret of our Hero, and we will *never* reveal it to outsiders, and they will always fail in this quest (unless they cheat which, of course, they *will*, the b*****ds!).

There will be "public" variations as well, which a clan will tell outsiders. Orlanth was accompanied by Elmal, not Humakt, in our version of the story. He went to the Island of Blue Larks, not to the Forest of Fear. He craftily hid from the Blood-bladder Beast of Trow instead of fighting it. etc.

RR
- Richelieu