Re: Re: Issaries Fan Policy

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:16:30 +0000 (GMT)

 Nils Weinander

> This paragraph:
>
> �Glorantha is the creation of Greg Stafford. Greg
> Stafford and Issaries,
> Inc., reserve the right to use any Gloranthan names,
> places, and concepts, from any Original Material, in
> any future
> Gloranthan development or publications, without
> further credit or payment.�
>
> has an extended explanation which I hope will soon
> be available.

Oh, good. But in the meantime, it seems to only allow them to use "Gloranthan names, places, and concepts". So while they could look through one of my stories and borrow names, places, and indeed concepts they *couldn't* pick up paragraphs of "carefully crafted" (ha!) wording and just use them?

While that still leaves it with rather aggressive phrasing (wouldn't something like "we'll try to credit you, but make no promises" have been more friendly?), it doesn't sound unreasonable.

> Appendix D, the submission form is also available:

http://www.glorantha.com/inc/FanMaterialPolicySubmissionForm.pdf

Thanks. How about the other appendices?

Jane Williams