Re: Mod - Getting Digesty

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:05:34 -0000

Nick went on to say;

> Speaking as a former moderator of this mailing list, I'd concur
with
> Eric. This list is, surely, the poster-child for Issaries, Inc.'s
> offically sanctioned discussions. So if we can't talk about
Issaries,
> Inc's official positions here, where can we discuss them?
>
> Last summer, as I resigned my moderating duties, I urged people (at
> Greg's behest) to refrain from speculating until they'd actually
read
> the policy.

> Well, we've all read it now. So let's talk about it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick Brooke

And I would like to add only this; I think we may agree that contracts and legal rights policies are always going to be written both legalistically and robustly.

I am no expert in law, but I think that Issaries now has a policy that it can use if it *feels* its copyright has been infringed. Its a tool if needed. I don't think that the policy is there to stifle the creativity.

Rather than an 'Ally McBeal' debate as to the intricacies of the policy, lets wait until someone gets shafted by the policy. That would be a worthwhile debate, but then, personally I don't think that will happen.

Long live Glorantha!

Huzzah!

Regards
Rob