Re: Carmanian Humakti (was Yanafal Tarnils)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:46:09 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Light Castle wrote:

> Yeah, except that there is a Carmanian god of Torture, who is described as "an
> implacable foe of Humakt". That's what Peter was referring to in his post. (I found it
> looking at some of the Carmanian site links listed earlier.)

Yes, Ikadz, or something like that. I didn't quite forget, but thought that maybe such things are for the light-side worshippers to worry about.

Then again, parhaps I should go with an enlightened bad-guy Humakti. The light-dark dualism seems fertile ground for Nysalorian enlightenment (and Humakt himself is said to be enlightened).

Thus I could have something to go with my vague original ideas. A humakti powerful in Death-magic, but one that sees no problem with torture or even the undead (I don't mean that he would raise them, just that he is willing to have them used in his presense).

> I don't really think there are light and dark Humakti btw. It seems
> there are light gods and dark gods. Maybe they get linked in pairs in
> the philosophy, but it doesn't seem you have gods with a "light side
> and a dark side".

Hmm... I think you may be wrong there. The Carmanians summoned their gods _in_their_Dark_aspects_ for the Four Arrows of Light.

        -Adept