RE: Re: Fan Publication Policy Objections

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:26:29 -0000

 RR:
> That is *one* reason. There is also "Data Mining" of various
> ideas off the lists, fora, handouts, etc. Some of the ideas
> we've kicked around here may have so many authors and
> contributors that trying to list them all is ridiculous.

And there's the case where even when you can identify it, the data used is so small that putting credit in the publication would be ridiculous. There's a place name of mine in DP - adding my name as well for "credit" would double the space used. They didn't, and quite right too. Keep printed credit for people who've done something worth listing.