Re: Re: Fan Publication Policy Objections

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:27:45 +0000

Last comments from me :

Darren :
 > I think we just need to wait

Unfortunately, we can't wait. Issaries has published its policy, and anything that requires a license in the future will use this policy as a basis. We can't accept the license and then find problems later. We need to address concerns first. That's just common sense.

Ian :
>The fact that they are trying
>to protect their IP is only sensible.

I must have missed where anyone said anything to the contrary. The fact that some of us have issues with specific clauses of the policy does NOT mean that we believe Issaries should not be protecting its IP at all. It would be nice if someone (preferably official) were to address those concerns.

> Let's not act like a bunch of
>ungrateful children.

And that seems a singularly unhelpful contribution to the discussion, and my cue to bow out.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson