Re: concentrating common magic? Why?

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:56:13 -0000

One of my players' characters recently decided he'd had enough of Orlanth, just as he had finally made his way up some crags and across the clouds to ask him a very important question.

I think we did this on a roll - Orlanth vs. Donandar. Donandar won, character falls through the clouds, loses his breath forever, gets caught in Arachne Solara's web, learns how to 'play' the cords of the web to create synaesthetic sound/colour/motion and...at the end of it all...concentrates on Common Magic, specifically Donandar. Question never got asked.

Why? Because it made sense for his character and because the dice said so. He is now learning to breath (and speak and sing) through some sort of cosmic synaesthesia. Much more fun than just following Orlanth. He's been using his talents as active magic now too.

Sam.