Re: Interface [OT / techy]

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:16:41 -0000

Sam wrote:

> p.s. Which makes me wonder - any roleplayers ever affected at all
> ever by the ads which support Yahoo?

"There are ads?" :-)

Get yourself a *real* web browser (I'd recommend Firefox) with a good ad-blocker (I recommend Adblock). Install a handy hosts file to block bad things from bad places (there's a good one at SomeoneWhoCares). Run periodic sweeps for spyware (Microsoft have a free AntiSpyware tool now, but they're more evil than Issaries, Inc.*, so I'd use Ad-Aware and/or SpyBot as well). Don't forget to have an anti-virus program running (Avast is a good free one). After that, you probably won't see ads; if you do, just check that your kit is all up to date.

Firefox   http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox
Hosts     http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/
AdAware   http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot    http://www.safer-networking.org/
Avast     http://www.avast.com

This phase of the War on Capitalism brought to you by etyries.com.

Cheers, Nick