Re: Orlanthi gods in the Lunar Empire

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:00:10 +0100

>Yes, but.
>
>I think you're making a mistake in your understanding of how Lhankhor
>Mhy and Issaries exist, at least within the Heortling culture, which
>is the one we know best.

As I said, I wasn't talking about recently conquered lands like Sartar - I'm talking about areas like Sylila, Tarsh and even the Provinces (and the Homeland for each lists Lunar religions in place of Issaries and Lhankhor Mhy).

In my view the removal of Orlanth requires an aggressive campaign to spread Lunar ideals and civilisation (e.g money, literacy and bureaucracy). When Lunar Gods are more effective at dealing with the new realities, when their followers get preferential treatment, when they carry more prestige in the upper ranks of society - their worship will spread. While worship of the Solar deities will be less common I believe that they have a firmer and more secure position than Issaries or Lhankhor Mhy (until the Hero Wars change everything...).

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.