Re: Chaos Cults

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:49:58 -0600

>From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
>Somewhere on the Manirian coast (can't remember exactly where) there's a
>bunch of sorcerers who are supposed to draw on Chaos, instad of the
>essense planes, to power their magic.

Sounds in any case, whether it's the "underworld" or not, like there might be a chaos plane?

>Now that is something I'll just have to explore in my games,
>[Shades of Unlife there, for those of you familiar with the Shadow World
>setting]

"Irony, it's so...ironic." - William Shattner

Heh, the reason I only joined this list recently is because I run all my HQ games in Shadow World, not Glorantha (but I've joined a Gloranthan game as a player now). And there, yes, I consider the Unlife to be energy from the Chaos Planes (or, technically an energy void), and, as such, a separate "place" from which power is drawn.

To bring this back on topic, I'll back you up that there's a lot to explore down that road if you used it in Glorantha.

Mike