Re: More non-Heortling Humakti

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:35:00 -0000

> Assuming for the moment that there are such things as Lunar or
Dara Happan
> Humakti (and there are now IMG, because one just showed up in
Pavis), to
> what extent would their version of the cult differ from the
standard?

Assuming by "Lunar" you are including Syllila and the Provinces (including Talastar), then I think that there are non-Heortling Humakti in the Empire (and not just Carmanian H'umakti). All of the old Orlanthi lands will know of Humakt, although the cult may be supressed in some places for political reasons.

> Obviously some local Heortling subcults would be out, but are
there any
> additions to their repetoire that anyone can see? To what extent
will the
> underlying myths be different, either in fact or in emphasis?

In the old Orlanthi lands of the Empire, the myths will be largely the same. Humakt as Orlanth's weaponsthane is probably downplayed in the lands where Orlanth is banned. Some regional variation of course, with some new heroes and subcults, but probably in the range we're used to. Probably a Humakti hero who supported Alakoring, another who fought during the reign of Verenmars, etc. Maybe even one who fought Pentans during the rule of SS.

I don't think that there is a cult of Humakt in Dara Happa. Maybe a Dara Happan left Raibanth, lived in Syllila or the Provinces for several years and joined the barbaric cult of Humakt.

Jeff