Duration of Campaigns

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 16:20:57 -0000

> Here's an associated question I'd like to throw out to everyone. How
> far do people play in and run campaigns which are at least *meant*
> be long-term -- which I will arbitrarily say means over a year's
play --
> -- or are they considered short-term campaigns, if that's not too
much
> of a tautology?

Both David Dunham and I are running long-term campaigns. I can't speak for David's arc, but we've just started chapter four (Starfire Ridge, Kings and Tribes, and Starbrow's Rebellion were the first three chapters) of what is probably a trilogy of fat books. So far we've played it over a year (seven years of game time).

Jeff