RE: Flaw or not? (was Raiding for Hostages)

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 13:44:29 +0100

>>Although putting him in that situation, unless he
>>wants to explore the interesting clashes involved,
>>might be? So you ask in advance. Cooperation. Good,
>>innit?

Well, part of the CA for my simmy/explorer is that I *don't* ask in advance since it breaks his immersion if the world asks for permission to muck up his day - so no, I don't ask; not explicitly. It helps that I've been playing with most of my group for the best part of two decades, so I'm pretty tuned in to what they'll go for.

Also, having presented the hook, if the player isn't keen on doing a 'Kindergarten Cop' or 'Saviour' story arc then it becomes evident pretty quickly and can be moved out of the foreground toot sweet.

Regards
Luke