Re: Re: Why the Ducks *will* win

From: Scott Rogers <amaretto_sirloin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 02:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

I have a really cool assain (ninja-type) miniature, and was wondering what runes to paint onm him. Humakti affliations obviously were the first option, but from what I have read, would Humakti not frown upon dishonorable methods of killing? Poison, ambush, garotte etc? I was under the impression Humakti believed in glorious death in Battle? Anyway, talking of tail feathers, we recently encountered some slightly deluded Vingan Ducks (The Crimson Moorhens!), who dyed their tail feathers red. They were crap in combat though, and were absolutely clumsy, as the skirt over their pants made a decent waddle impossible!. They were very hospitable though, and excellent companmy at the market!

Victor Lane <thelhf_at_...> wrote:

I would say Samurai, for two reasons. The first is ninjas are sneaky. Can you see a duck trying to be sneaky? I think they waddle to much to be stealthy. Second, I think this fits in with ducks and Humakt. I would theorize that duck assassins are all about honor and killing in Humakts name. They kill without remorse, thus bring people closer to Humakt. Then they leave a single black tail feather on the corpse, as a warning to all others that Death is near.

In fact, I can see a hero band coming out of this. They call them selfs the Black Feathers. There slogan: "The old world is over. Shake your tail feathers!" (Said with an appropriate duck accent, of course.)

--Victor

Jane Williams wrote:

>>Duckyat assassins must be scary too.
>>

>But do they most closely resemble Samurai, or Ninjas?
>
>(Stands back and dons asbestos suit)

Yahoo! Groups Links