Re: Freedom was Re: Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 02:16:14 +1200

At 10:36 AM 6/4/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>So why do a bunch of Larnsti appear on Broyan's character sheet in
>OiD if they are so independent?

Because some Larnsti follow Broyan but others don't.

>IS Broyan a Larnsti?

It doesn't look it given that Broyan sets foot outside Heortland. Jeff's recent "revelation" that Broyan was the new Hendreik was something originally written for the Glorantha: Intro, excised and later on rejected by Issaries in favour of Broyan being an ultratraditionalist Orlanthi that worships Vingkot. In light of this, I'm dubious about anything being settled about Broyan in the near future.

>It doesn't
>seem so, but then he did get his come uppance for selling out the
>City of Wonders to Harrek...

And therein lies the nature of his tragedy. But how he became entrusted with the secret of a God that he was opposed to and why it would have been a personal flaw for him to betray this knowledge is something that has not yet been convincingly explained.

--Peter Metcalfe