Learning Languages was Re: Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:17:18 -0000

hi

YGWV, but I think its wrong on many ways to view the Gloranthan learning of languages to the real world. Gloranthans have gods of communication and literacy that are active. FWIW I think the current discussion about the lack of written Heortling language puts the Heortlings down to the literacy level of what I imagined the Praxians to be. Maybe thats right, but its not how I have portrayed them. As the author of Thunder Rebels I'd be interested to hear John Hughes' impression, and of course a ruling from Greg would be good. The presence of a written form of Heortling does not, I think, detract from the presence of an oral tradition of the society as a rule. Having said that I am far from an expert in these matters!

Regards
Rob