RE: Re: Kings of Heortland

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:56:13 +0100

> > > Besides, after Orngerin dies, all hell (literally)
> > > breaks loose on Heortland.
> > Literally? Sounds interesting.
>
> Sure, chaos eruptions, foreign sorcerors, the revival of the Kitori,
> the Fimbulwinter - heck, Heortland is shoved quickly from the Golden
> Age into the Late Storm Age and then into the Greater Darkness in a
> span of five years.

That's all Very Bad Stuff, sure, but it is *not* literally Hell breaking loose. Hell is a very specific place, it's Down There, and I can quite believe that there were routes to it that are now a lot less controlled without the Pharoah's magic blocking them. Which will allow Horrible Monsters (and Shargashi) to come up, and PCs to go down... We even *know* of one of these routes, it's in the basement in Whitewall, though I hadn't previously known the Pharoah was involved (maybe he wasn't - as you say, not everything is linked).

But while losing the Pharoah could easily have that result, I find it hard to believe that the lack of not-Owain would do it, especially if he was a non-entity in the first place.