Re: Re: Hendreiki Kings

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:03:44 -0400

Yeah, I always figured it was a bit like Rassilon's gift of Immortality in "The Five Doctors" -- "To lose is to win, and he who wins shall lose."

(I'm such a geek.)

It is a neat scenario, though. You go on a challenge/quest/tournament in which every stage you complete gives you magical rewards. But in the end, one of you will be selected to be taken over. But what criteria is being used? Is it really as obvious as being the "winner"? I somehow doubt it, or why would anyone agree to win? I suspect dropping out pretty much equals death, so you have no choice but to try and "win", but win in a way that doesn't particularly appeal to Pharaoh.

A fun challenge for players. Even if dropping out doesn't kill you, how far are you willing to go to try and gain power, knowing that if you are TOO successful, you lose everything?

LC