Re: Re: Hendreiki Kings

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 02:56:01 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Light Castle wrote:

> have to be the 6 rulers of the lands, do they? In fact, if I recall,
> they don't get to choose to be in it at all, they just wake up trapped
> in the tournament. Which at least explains why they would be in it,
> since the reward is being taken over by another person's soul.

I don't think you guys are thinking about this quite right. The contestants are not RPG-gamers. The point is not to advance ones character, but not have the GM/Narrator take the character away from you.

The contestants are heroic people of the Holy Country. The Pharaoh is the God king of the land. A living god, who embodies the strength and magic of the land. These people are not just athletes and adventurers, they are also patriots. They are partisipating in a huge, sacred and exiting ritual contest.

And the winner? The winner get's _immortality_! He get's to live forever on the hero-plane. Keeping his good looks, skills and powers, and living as a demigod in an exciting and magical realm.

Do you guys really think the price is not worth striving for?

        -Adept