Re: Re: Hendreiki Kings

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:27:39 -0400

On Tue, 2005-07-06 at 17:52 +0200, Joerg Baumgartner wrote:

> Full agreement here. Death on a "practice" heroquest while the hero plane
> is in disorder or even chaos seemed a likely cause for a demise. Whether
> the choice of a Lightbringers' Questlet was appropriate is another matter,
> but at the time of writing the story that was about the only quest I had
> information about.

That's funny. I never even noticed it was supposed to be an LBQ of sorts. I just thought it a quest related to the Pharaoh.

> I think that in Greg's game the King of Heortland died before the
> Tournament. I seem to recall that Rik(/ch)ard was one of the participants
> (among the final 12).

Well, that doesn't prove anything, does it? The entrants for MoLaD don't have to be the 6 rulers of the lands, do they? In fact, if I recall, they don't get to choose to be in it at all, they just wake up trapped in the tournament. Which at least explains why they would be in it, since the reward is being taken over by another person's soul.

I always figured your best bet was to survive it, but not "win" it. (Presumably what Rikard does.)

LC