Those Ker-razy Romans (Was Re: Larnsti Brotherhood)

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:46:27 -0000

Hi all

My own personal view is the ancient briton/ roman analogue. You could include all the northern tribes in this. They valued the individual feats of heroism. Personal combat was a way to glory. The semi and professional roman troops, and even their auxilaries were far more organised, and fought to a system. As we know it is Argrath who changed the way the Sartarites and their allies fought and organised magicians. It is then and only then, they started to have any kind of meaningfull victories against Lunar forces. It is these victories that made the warriors sit up and do as they were told. They could win, but only if organised. The heortlings may subscribe to 'no one can make you do anything', but they are also capable of learning from their mistakes and putting it right. Even Iceland was really a bushwacking battle, where the rebel leaders and armies melted away again. Wasn't Pennel Ford was the first major stand up Heortling/ Lunar battle they won in the field? and even then, Harrek had a large part in that.

Regards
Rob