Re: Re: heortling orlanthi initiation

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:06:06 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Jeff Richard wrote:

> Well, you are trying to model a personal spiritual revelation
> through the medium of roleplaying - not exactly easy. Think about
> trying to model the experiences of someone who is "born again"
> through gaming - maybe you can do it, but it usually will be pretty
> hit or miss. That's why the rules gloss over it and abstract the
> entire process.

But this experiense is supposed to underlie what it really is to be a Heortling. It's also a very cool and uniquely Gloranthan aspect of the Heortling culture.

Information about such things is never a bad thing. YGWV is good advice but it shouldn't mean omitting such detail.

I appreciate this is a tricky thing to write up, but I'm sure at least Greg (and propably several other Gloranthan luminaries) has the knowledge necessary.

Heck. I can't in good consciense tell my players to make up their own version when I as a veteran GM can't figure out more than some fragments of the initiation.

        -Adept