RE: Re: Winter Spirits

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:04:14 -0500

>From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>

>I don't think the fact that shamans can contact her proves she is a spirit.

You guys aren't going to find the answer in the canon. Because apparently all of the references were from prior to HQ, in which case it wasn't important at the time to nail down her nature in terms of the rules. I think that it should suffice to say that she's thought of as a spirit by some, a god by others, that there may in fact be two beings in question, or just one, and that we as players don't really know the canon answer to these questions.

So I think you're just going to have to make a choice for your own games until someone speaks ex-cathedra on this one.

In any case, in terms of play, it's such a close call that I can't see it mattering in the least which way you go in terms of canon violation.

Mike