Re: Re-life Sickness

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:40:33 -0700

> A pc died last night and succesfully D.I.'d to return to life. Does
> re-life sickness apply in this situation? Or is that just for folks
> ressurrected?

What were the circumstances? Was it a quick "Oh, wait, I'm not *really* dead, that spear didn't hit any vital organs as it passed through the center of my chest" or was it "Sh*t sh*t sh*t, I better call for DI because if I don't it's a seven day waiting period before I go to hell"?

(Of course, you're not talking HQ, 'cause HQ don't have DI...)

Basically, play it how you want. She died, and is now back. That's a big shock to the system (unless the DI was "Gosh I wish that hadn't happened", rather than "Ow, I really want to be alive again"). She'll probably be changed, just maybe not as much as if she had traveled farther down the path towards the afterlife. It's something for the player to decide - not something for you to impose on him/her (IMO).

Depending on how the player wants to use it, you can introduce a NPC later that experienced it the other way - If the player shrugged it off, the NPC got it in a big way and joined Humakt/Chalana Arroy as a devotee. If the Player wants to play the sickness, then the NPC is like Wassisname Thrice-Born, and acts as if it was no big deal.

RR
- Richelieu