Re: Re-life Sickness

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:37:11 +0100 (BST)

Rob:
> > A pc died last night and succesfully D.I.'d to
> return to life. Does
> > re-life sickness apply in this situation? Or is
> that just for folks ressurrected?

RR:
> What were the circumstances? Was it a quick "Oh,
> wait, I'm not *really*
> dead, that spear didn't hit any vital organs as it
> passed through the center
> of my chest" or was it "Sh*t sh*t sh*t, I better
> call for DI because if I
> don't it's a seven day waiting period before I go to
> hell"?

A very good question. Figure out what happened to her, what it felt like, how that will have affected her. With a large slice of "what will be fun to roleplay out in the future?"

> (Of course, you're not talking HQ, 'cause HQ don't
> have DI...)

It doesn't?? When did that vanish??

Oh well, mine still does, 'cos I'm not having How Glorantha Works dictated to me by any bunch of Roolz. The Roolz represent Glorantha, not vice versa.

> It's something for the player to decide - not
> something for you to impose on him/her (IMO).

And IMO too, but that's largely a question of GMing style, not of Gloranthan reality.

If you're not sure how Relife Sickness can feel, I'd suggest reading "The Widow's Tale". That has a few examples of people who die and get ressurected, and how they feel about it. Reactions vary.