Re: Re-life Sickness

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:43:00 -0000

Cheers guys. It was room C1 I think on the cradle. The room with dead rats and rat skeletons in. He failed his 'save' against sever spirit. How D&D!

I narrated that he was in a dark tunnel and there was a light at the end. When he got there he come out to a land, that was windy and the rain was falling. In front of him was a man in armour, and blue skin. Olend was transfixed this was Heler, his God. Olend begged permission to return to life to continue his work, to protect the cradle. Heler said that he had a high seat at Orlanths table, would he not rather take that and leave mortal troubles behind? Olend thought for a second then reaffirmed his request. Heler then sent him back to continue his work. Thus Olend awoke to life on the cradle, with only a moment having passed.

Thus, although he had made his roll, I gave his character the choice. It was a great moment really, Ali really thought hard for a moment and I could tell everyone was looking at him to see what he would do. He almost reluctantly chose to continue with Olend. Great roleplaying.

I have taken the advice to let him choose whether he wants to take the relife sickness, and at what level. I gave him an upper limit of 8M2, which was the target number he had to go for the DI.

Cheers again
Rob