RE: Re: Re-Life Sickness

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:03:44 +0100

> When it got renamed 'Divine Aid' in the rulebook, I guess. I'm not
> really clear what the difference is between RQ DI and HQ DA from the
> perspective of people actually in Glorantha (the rules are somewhat
> different, natch), but I'm certainly prepared to accept that
> there is one.

The basics seem to be "Boss? Help!", in both, as far as I can see. Boss then may or may not be listening, may or may not feel like helping, may or may not be able to do anything useful, and can charge what they like. Under those circumstances, precise rules on how to implement it don't seem to be something we need.

> Quite a few of the gods of the Sea pantheon have three
> parents - it goes
> with their fluid sexuality, I guess. Mind you, they're
> probably not very
> well known to your average Heortling or Praxian.

I supose Water fluidity would cover the Creek-Stream-River, too, which is a bit better known.

Malia:
> She's listed as an example of a spirit in the rules (p. 149),
> which is good enough for me :)

A source that came out after the distinction started to matter - yep, that'll do. So we don't have a one-of-each-type parenting situation. Shame, in a way.