Re: Re: The Lunar Way

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:10:14 +1200

At 11:23 AM 6/27/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>Let's say that he followed the order of Malakinus and now he embraces
>the Lunar way, does he still revere/follow Malakinus ways other than
>the lunar way?

Well, he can't just say I want to embrace the Lunar Way, he has to join a Lunar cult. And in wizardly terms, that's like jumping sects.

>I mean can he try to follow both one and the other? or he just
>becomes lunarised but for the grimoires?

He retains the knowledge of his old grimoires if the order doesn't ban him (a magical rite to stop ex-colleagues using the order's grimoires). Normally that's a given for an apostate but to ban someone that has joined the Lunars could be considered rebellion. Hence it's likely that the order will not ban him but cause him trouble in other ways.

> From now on he must study new ones or he can keep studying and
>researching in those he already knows/possesses?

He can study and research the old ones if he hasn't been banned.

--Peter Metcalfe