Re: The Lunar Way - Wizardry

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:40:29 -0000

> Oh, and BTW, when they say "Lunar Sorcerer" who are they refering
to most
> often? That is, who is it that the Orlanthi hate so much? Is any
Lunar
> considered a Sorcerer by the Orlanthi even if they're Initiates of
Yelm or
> somesuch? Or just the actual wizards? Or just the actual sorcerers
per the
> definition of one apostate from all orders? And which religion?
I'd imagine
> that the Carmanians are probably few in Sartar? And the Cerise
Church folks
> seem so nice and/or meek. Is it just the wizards from the College
of Magic
> to whom this refers? What saints do those guys follow.

I think that the Orlanthi of Sartar tend to call any weird northerner using unfamiliar magic "Lunar Sorcerors". According to my notes, prior to the recent buildup of Lunar forces for the conquest of Kethaela, they were usually about 100 members of the Lunar College of Magic in Boldhome.

Jeff