RE: Re: Jar-Eel's cult

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 01:38:07 +0300 (EEST)

<snip>
> > the published stats for Kallyr, if my memory is correct, do not
> > have skills at the 10w3 level but she is already considered a Hero
> > because of the extent of her support in Sartar.

I was trying to keep things short. What I meant (as I think is implied in the HQ book) was that w3 is the threshold of heroic skill, and w4 of superheroic.

Talking about Harrek zooming on to w5 and w6 is exactly what I meant about mastery inflation, and I think a symptom of the D&D like character development in HQ, rather than a feature of Glorantha.

When people run games where their farily normal characters have started to push the w4 boundary, they'll of course have to apply the same logic to people like Kallyr, Gunda and Harrek.

Blech...

        -Adept