Re: Plans, shocking and distressing confession

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:44:35 -0700 (PDT)

Friends,

> However, it now looks like Blood Over Gold is going to beat ILH2 out
> of the blocks.

No, not a chance. Sorry if the write up gives that impression. Under the Red Moon is definitely next.

> Oh, and I note Dragonrise is not yet on the Radar.

Frankly, after all the discussion here I may take it off the flight pattern altogether and not publish it until the entire Sartar Rising! series is done. (Just a thought, not a plan here!)

With much embarrassment I have a confession to make. I have scrutinized the material that was published (i.e., canonical) while I was in Mexico, and I was QUITE surprised to find a number of really significant differences between my submission and the published material. Some things were added and others were changed quite a bit. Without my input.
Now, I know the manuscripts were not entirely finished when I submitted them, and I can see where my "Keep 'em in suspense" policy has gone wrong, but here is the rub: some materials were added that are, frankly, wrong. All I can say is, "By the brass balls of Orlanth," or "Arrggh," or more succinctly, "JFC." That is what I get for trying to streamline the publishing process and trusting the judgement of others. I can not emphasize how embarrassing and distressing that is for me.

And, since I have noticed these changes to my intended canon in several items that were published while I was away from the helm (most of them nowhere near as wrong as things in SR!) you can expect to see some corrections on the official site.

And, in the meantime, I sincerely hope my process of trying to keep everyone informed of the situations at Issaries (like confessing to these cock ups) does not alienate people, but rather pleases everyone and reinstates your faith is Issaries.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
Publisher of HeroQuest