Re: Goddess Glorantha

From: pmaclanderson <pmanderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:34:31 -0000

I have always assumed that "Glorantha" was a God-Learner construct. Like most of their constructions, it is primarily based on some preexisting  cult, which they have extended beyond its elastic limit.

This would explain both the DH cult - the source; and her presence among Malkioni - back-borrowing from the Jrusteli. I would expect her to be known, but not worshipped among the Heortlings; there is much more GL influence on their modern culture than they will admit.

But this is digest territory. I'll have to catch up with it again.