RE: Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:22:31 +0100

> Well, although I'd like to avoid a simulationists debate, I would
> disagree. I have been hit with various things in various melee's
> and when they hurt the fight is over. Sure you can carry bumps and
> bruises but thats not necessarily what we're talking about.

I've heard of (not experienced) people not noticing what turned out to be fatal injuries until the fight was over.

> You
> can't narrate that somebody has had their armed badly chopped (ie
> big ap loss) and then have them win the contest. Where does the
> injury go?

You don't - you narrate a pain in the arm, then discover after the fight that it wasn't all that bad.

> You are well advised to follow the rule that no damage
> is done until the level of defeat has been ascertained.

Exactly what I was saying. You do not know what danage has been done until the fight is over. You may have a vague idea of things hurting and of slowing down, but whether it's an arm chopped off or a bit of cloth caught round it or armour messed up, you have no idea. Really. Not just to make the numbers work, really.