Re: Eurmali Plausible? (was Re: Eurmali)

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:44:11 +0200

Hello Friends

Jeff Richard assumes that Eurmali are not common in heortling society or rings:
>Few, other than tribal kings and heroquesters, do. Frex, of the
>Heortling Sartarite tribes prior to Starbrow's Rebellion, I have
>only four tribes maintaining a full fledged trickster - the Colymar,
>Culbrea, Kheldon and Lismelder. Maybe the Cinsina do as well -
>better to ask Ian Cooper that. I'm pretty sure King Broyan of the
>Volsaxi maintains a trickster - although it might not have survived
>the siege of Whitewall. I doubt there are more than a dozen or so
>Tricksters in Heortling Sartar at any given time. At least half are
>bonded.

I don´t agree with the "not so common".

"Barbaraian Adventures" page 14:

The Lightbringer Ring
"Many Heortlings use the Lightbringer Ring, where each position corrosponds to one of the Lightbringers. The structure is less varied than the Traditional Ring, with only one position open to local interpretation."

The Lightbringer Ring is used often, as i interpret the above text correctly, and it contains the position of an Eurmali.

When the Traditional Ring is the most common, i see the Lightbringer Ring as second in that line. That makes it not uncommon at all. So there are a LOT of clans that use a Lightbringer Ring, and have therefore an Eurmali in their lines (hopefully bonded).

Or is there a chance that somebody becomes temporaly an Eurmali only for the success of the Clan Ring?

Cheers

André