Re: Anime Glorantha

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 01:26:09 +0000

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 02:42:48 -0000, you wrote:

> Hmm. I wonder what the young prince would work like as a Hero
>> Wars character?
>>
>> Naussica works well too.
>>
>> Jeff
>
>The following are characters from several Miyazaki films as I see
>them in their Gloranthan incarnations.
>
>Nausicaa: Vingan weaponthane, Vanganth the flyer subcult
>
>Ashikita: Weaponthane of some sort, not sure about the magic keyword
>
>San: Telmori(obviously)

Culturally, but he quite definitely has some kind of Movement magical affinity. Look at that bit where she bounced up the mining camp walls and onto the roof.

>Lady Eboshi: Ernalda the Leader(Rally Women, Stare down Men!)

If she's the one I think she is, I took her to be some kind of Lunar heroquestoer. Goes out there3, had a bright idea, unleashes hugely hostile forces that she wasn't expecting and winds up remaking the world.

Is Carl Hiaassen shaking his head and saying "If I'd have written this, no-one would have beleived it?"