Re: Re: sartar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 11:45:02 +1300

Brian Thexton:

>Roughly speaking I think most people would use hero for someone who
>goes and does extraordinary deeds, beyond what most of us would dare
>or could accomplish. Super heroes, roughly speaking, do impossible
>deeds, things that most of us couldn't even imagine doing.

>By my definition, Sartar would then be a superhero,

I don't see how this follows. Looking at Sartar's deeds, I can't see anything unimaginably "impossible" and can point to several other heroes that have done similar things to what Sartar did.

The notion that Sartar is the hero who invented sliced bread would be a commonplace the Sartarites with their limited horizons, but even limiting myself to west-central genertela, I don't see how he's all that great.

--Peter Metcalfe