RE: Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:12:19 +0100

> > I guess what I'm looking for is HQ second edition. I
> > read the rules and get an entirely different idea of
> > what Glorantha is like than listening to you lot.
>
> Oh dear. And it was me who totally championed the almost silly band
> of adventurers in the book.

"Almost" silly?

> I think yes, HQ rulebook alone gives
> you exactly that sense now you mention it, and there is nothing
> wrong with that if it floats your boat!

Agreed, and it's one of the problems I have with the HQ book. It shows a bunch of players and their GM ignoring all the rich background of Glorantha and trying to play D&D in it.

> > In the version I see here, the world is a
> > stricter, more xenophobic place (where wierd people
> > meet each other all the time anyway) and there's some
> > good reason to be a disciple.
>
> Right on all counts Tony. If you read Thunder Rebels and the Sartar
> Rising books (particularly Barbarian Adventures) then you will get a
> flavour for where all these posts are coming from.

Yes, you need the background. And sadly much is now OOP. But let me repeat an Ebay auction I saw a while back, that STILL has no bids on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5222582071&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWA:IT

King of Sartar and Thunder Rebels, currently going for one US dollar. USA only. Tony? Where are you? This has a day to run...