Re: Active/inactive

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:33:05 +0100 (BST)

> On Fri, 2005-29-07 at 13:27 +0000,
> donald_at_... wrote:
>
> > About the only thing I can think of is that people
> are required to concentrate to perform magic.
>
> Except they aren't. Initiates can improv feats as
> active abilities without concentrating.

I think perhaps we have a misunderstanding here? I suspect Donald was using "concentrating" in the normal English meaning of the word - "thinking hard about", roughly. For most magic, you have to make a conscious decision to use it actively. Charms can kick in as augments with no thought on the part of the user, but feats don't, as I understand it.

And the more I think about it, the more sense that makes.

Jane Williams