Re: Lunar Otherworlds?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 19:45:10 +0100

Rob Davis:

>> There *are* no theistic Lunars; there are only Lunar Lunars.
>
>Isn't this statement slightly mis-leading? Lunars use
>Theist/Animist/Sorcery/Common Magic.

YGWV, of course, but officially, no they don't - they use Lunar Magic and Common magic.

(Actually, my Glorantha does vary - but that wasn't a positive choice, merely a result of me acquiring a preview of ILH-2 *after* I'd already started my campaign, complete with a concentrated Theistic Lunar. I subsequently ruled that such people exist only way down south in Tarsh, where theism is more popular. But this is clearly contrary to the official rules, and I wouldn't have done it myself, had it not already been too late to do otherwise :)).

>However there are different
>rules for mixing magic that comes from Lunar adopted beings/
>entities that subject their magic to the cycles of the goddess.

They don't mix magic (aside from Common Magic, of course). They use Lunar Magic - which, rule mechanically, looks somewhat like mixed magic, but ain't.

>Also, there is a Lunar otherworld. Lunars take no otherworld
>penalty there or in the otherworld that their magic organ is attuned
>to, whether that be theist/animist or sorcerous? Is that right?

The only otherworld their magic organ can be attuned to is the Moon: they can't attune to the theist, animist or wizardly otherworlds, any more than a Heortling can attune to the wizardly otherworld without getting kicked out of his religion. If the problem you're thinking of is 'what if I've got a concentrated Humakti devotee who converts to Yanafal Tarnils?', then, yes, there will be rules for religious conversion in ILH-2, that explain what happens under those circumstances.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic