Re: Casting feats on others

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:14:04 -0000

Hi Mike,

I must be being rather obtuse today, but I don't see the disagreement.

> I'm not saying that everyone should so limit the ability. I'm
saying that
> the decision-making process should not be, "Hey, look, this one
rule here
> doesn't limit it, so it must be possible" when in fact there are
rules that
> allow it to be limited with proper consideration.

Is anyone saying that it must be allowed? Jane asked whether the rules specifically bar such use of feats; the answer is that they do not _unless the narrator thinks it inappropriate_. You want to disallow the use of feats in this way, that's your choice, and the rules permit you to do this by fiat, but they also permit the narrator who likes the idea to accept it -- and they do so in the passage I quoted.

All the best

Mark