RE: Re: "What's important" - differing play styles

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:59:17 +0100

> Whereas the Orlmarthing campaign, which I've been running for about a
> year and a half, has covered about 8 years of Gloranthan time (1608-
> 1616) and another 6 years in quick background flashbacks.

I wonder if this isn't one of the main causes of difference, then? Time ratios.

We've done flashbacks too of course, I wasn't counting them - short ones from the early 1600s, longer stories from maybe 1611 onwards. Game time has been 1621.

Then of course there was the very odd scenario Guy gave us, that was virtually all flashback, at least half inside one PC's head (mine - still not sure how much was memory and how much was hallucination), and in part at least running backwards in time. The one he kindly handed to me to run just before the climax. That lasted about 2 days Gloranthan time (plus flashbacks from 15 years earlier). And the PCs spent quite a lot of it tied up or otherwise restrained, and unable to move.