Re: Sacred Time rituals in play - saga style

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:22:36 -0000

> Ah! And I was about to spend some weekend time doing just that.
> So what translations are recommended?

The Penguin translations are quite good. I'd get Penguin's "The Sagas of Icelanders" (Penguin 1997) and then Penguin's "Njal's Saga" (2002). With the "Sagas of Icelanders" you get a good translation of Egil's Saga, Laxdaela Saga, and more. Egil's Saga and Njal's Saga are my two favorites (although I do really like Laxdaela Saga). When you are feeling really adventurous, get a copy of the Heimskringla.

The online web versions are all old and painful translations.

Jeff