RE: Humakti as teen-Goth

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:29:45 +0100

> > Because that sort of Humakti live in Nochet. Wearing black
> silk and lace.
> > And wielding the longest rapiers they can get hold of.
>
> I actually have gone with the effete-swordmaster Humakti for Nochet
> myself, but the "rapier" bit is pushing it seriously into silly
> territory. One doesn't need rapiers for the overly-selfimportant-
> swordmaster scene.
>
> -Adept

No, you just read George Silver on the Italian swordmasters for that (take George as a Heortling and the Italians as Nochet Humakti) - but the C16 early rapier, not the later knitting needle, fits quite nicely IMO. Still got enough weight to hurt an armoured opponent, and that's where the later period ones would come unstuck in Glorantha.