Re: Re: Humakti as teen-Goth - bronze v. RW iron

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:55:16 +0100 (BST)

> For references:
>
> RQ:Elder Secrets Book 1 p35ff explains that metals
> are "analogues not duplicates of Earthly Metals".
>
> It goes on to describe bronze & unenchanted iron to
> have the physical
> properties analogous to real world untempered iron
> (unenchanted iron
> also having some magical properties), and encanted
> iron being
> analogous to steel (RQ half again armour points).

Thanks Jamie, I knew it was in there somewhere!

Now we just need someone with a better knowledge of these things than mine to explain what untempered iron is really like. It isn't something one encounters very often these days. Does anyone know of any examples we might have met in Real Life to give us a feel?

Jane Williams